Welcome to DATA606!
Welcome to DATA606! My name is Dr. Jason Bryer and I will be your instructor for this semester. In addition to teaching this course, I am an Executive Director at Excelsior College where I am currently working on a Department of Education grant to develop a Diagnostic Assessment and Achievement of College Skills (see www.DAACS.net for more information). Our first meeting will be on Tuesday, August 29th, but will typically be on Wednesdays for the rest of the semester. Couple of important notes as you get started:
- The course syllabus is on Github here: data606.net I will post all course materials there. Blackboard will be used primarily for submitting assignments.
- Introduce yourself in the Getting Acquainted forum on Blackboard.
- Once you go through the syllabus, try starting Lab 0 as soon as you can. This will require you to install R and RStudioand will help get you get acquainted with R.
- The best way to reach me is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to talk on the phone or setup a GoToMeeting session, it is best to suggest some times by email first.
- Our meetups will be on Wednesday from 8pm to 9pm.
- I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and a fantastic semester! Good luck!