Welcome to DATA606!
Welcome to DATA606! My name is Dr. Jason Bryer and I will be your instructor for this semester. In addition to teaching this course, I am an Executive Director at Excelsior College where I am currently working on a Department of Education grant to develop a Diagnostic Assessment and Achievement of College Skills (see www.DAACS.net for more information). Our first meeting will be on Wednesday, September 5th. Couple of important notes as you get started:
- The course syllabus is on Github here: data606.net I will post all course materials there. Blackboard will be used primarily for submitting assignments.
- Introduce yourself in the Getting Acquainted forum on Blackboard.
- Once you go through the syllabus, try starting Lab 0 as soon as you can. This will require you to install R and RStudioand will help get you get acquainted with R.
- The best way to reach me is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to talk on the phone or setup a GoToMeeting session, it is best to suggest some times by email first.
- Our meetups will be on Wednesday from 8pm to 9pm.
- I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and a fantastic semester! Good luck!